Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post

December 15, 2016

in News & Events

After eight years, 88,000+ comments, 2,500+ posts, three photography conferences, numerous photography workshops, and making countless photography friendships…iHeartFaces.com will come to an end at the close of December.

We have had so many wonderful people participate in our photo challenges, write articles as part of our Creative Team, allow us to showcase their inspiring images, attend our conferences and workshops so that we could meet you in person, and so many of you interacted with us via social media.  We will never be able to thank you enough for those memories!

At the same time, maintaining a website and community of this size at a high quality level takes a tremendous amount of time, creativity and resources. We will miss the I Heart Faces community, but it’s time for us to focus on other things. If you didn’t already know, Angie owns her own photography business along with The Picture Show, which focuses on gorgeous high school senior photography. Amy owns a graphic design business along with a popular DIY Food and Party Blog, LivingLocurto.com where she shares delicious recipes, fun food ideas, home decor and more! We are sad to see I Heart Faces come to an end, but also excited about our other ventures and having more time to spend with our families.

When we started I Heart Faces back in January 2009, there were very few photography communities just for women. Now there are so many amazing photography websites! We know many of you are connected deeply with them as well. Our hope is that you will continue to be inspired and amazed by other photographers in our community.

The I Heart Faces website will be gone at the end of this month.  We encourage you to browse around now. If you see an article that you love, please follow the writers’s original website and social media to find more of their content in 2017.

You will notice a change in our social media channels as well. We’ll still be sharing great content on each one that is either photography, small business or DIY related. We hope you’ll continue to follow along for continued inspiration and fun!

We truly can’t thank you enough for sharing your time and talents with our photography community for as long as you have.  We will always {heart} your faces and hope to stay in touch through social media!  It’s definitely been a beautiful time.

All the best,

Angie & Amy
co-founders of I Heart Faces

I Heart Faces Photography Community - Co-Founders, Angie & Amy

Please follow along or contact us now at:

Mark Charlton January 3, 2017

Love this video. Thanks for sharing.

Jean Smith December 19, 2016

You ladies have built the most wonderful platform for photographers to learn, communicate, grow, and be inspired. I’m honored to have been a part of it and wish we only had more in-person time together. Thank you for your crazy amounts of hard work and dedication. Enjoy your new adventures!!! Much love XOXO.

Amy Locurto December 20, 2016

We loved having you be apart of I Heart Faces! Thank you so much Jean for your support and amazing tutorials to help this community.

Vinaya Goyanka December 15, 2016

So sad to see you guys go….have followed the site since my baby was born 3 years ago and when I needed inspiration and guidance to take good photographs of him. Thank you so much for inspiring me a great deal. Will miss the website and you guys tremendously.

Amy Locurto December 20, 2016

Thank you Vinaya! Glad we could be apart of your photography journey. Thanks so much for reading our website:-)

Tracy Patterson December 15, 2016

Hey girls, I was just poking around here the other day, feeling grateful and sensing your time had come. You’ve launched so many of us. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. God bless you both!

Amy Locurto December 15, 2016

Thanks Tracy! Feeling grateful for meeting so many wonderful people like you:-)

Mary Jane Salopek December 15, 2016

Amy and Angie,
Thanks for all you’ve done over the years. I had a great time at the Columbus Conference. It was such a small intimate group of supportive women. Loved it.

Will you be leaving the YouTube video up for us? If not, is there a setting where you could let us download it? I love seeing myself in the photos and remembering what a good time I had in all those classes.

Thanks.
Mary Jane

Amy Locurto December 15, 2016

Thanks so much Mary Jane!

The Youtube channel should be there. Yes, that’s such a great memory! Thanks for being a part of the community:-)

Jane L Haas December 15, 2016

Angie and Amy, thank you for all that you (and others) have shared through iHeartFaces! I’ve learned so much from you and enjoyed following and reading all your blog posts. Blessings in the new year with your new adventures!

Amy Locurto December 15, 2016

Thanks so much Jane!!

Pamela Lewis December 15, 2016

We will miss you. Yours was the first blog I followed when I began my photographic journey and for that I thank you. Ive learned so much here.

Amy Locurto December 15, 2016