garcinia cambogia February 1, 2014

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing.
The clarity in your post is simply cool and i could assume you
are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow
me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

sanemtkredituinterneta.wordpress.com January 25, 2014

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!

It’s the little changes which will make the greatest changes.

Many thanks for sharing!

DiBella December 18, 2013

Hey Amy! I have a question. My photography has always been my view of the world. Artistic in ways and I want to create a brand for my photo to sell prints and such. Thing is if I want to do other photography down the line should I incorporate that into this idea of prints /portfolio of?

Tamsin Michelle April 1, 2013

Great article! Thank you for the advice, I started my portrait photography business last November and so far so good but you’ve made me think more about narrowing down my niche which I might just start to do. Thanks again, Tamsin from Sibylla Michelle Photography based in Chile.

Dawn Whitmore March 27, 2013

I have come to realize that I like taking outdoor photographs and love adding scripture to my photos. However, I am not finding a niche audience for my work as of yet. I have been doing craft and exhibit shows throughout my local area. So far, I get lots of great responses on my work but not many people ever buy.

I have only been focusing my energy on my photography for a little over a year and realize that lots of work goes into a new business venture. I came to a major time of adjustment after a long bout of various illnesses; when I released my music booking and promotion clients. I am more of an introverted personality and realize this will be a hurdle for my new adventure, but not one that can’t be accomplished.

All of this to say, “Thanks for an article series to help me question and think about my steps before making them. “

Leah March 25, 2013

Awesome tips, this is exactly what I’m currently working on and it is more difficult than I thought! I found that one way I was able to narrow down my niche was by reflecting on what I believed in the most- for example, I loved shooting maternity, but I wasn’t sure I could fully endorse the need for an 11×14 canvas on a client’s wall of their preggo belly and I really want to add sales of wall art into my experience. It takes time to create a strong brand but the work will definitely be worth it!

Angela L. March 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your expertise. One thing I would love to get some clarity on is if a photographer’s brand extends beyond their website, blog, and marketing materials into actual photography style and post production editing. For example, to reinforce one’s brand should a photographer use the same editing style or is it okay to have a variety. I have a body of work that spans 13 years, so editing images for my website is a bit challenging. I photograph maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, head shots, and weddings. How do I make all of that look like a cohesive brand, image wise?

Thanks for your time!
Angela

Angela Bernard March 12, 2013

Thanks Amy! I definitely gravitate towards babies children and the family dynamic, so I think that is the route I will go, but I have done some seniors and a wedding and enjoyed them both too, so I’m not ready to take them off the table just yet! I really want to build my brand but I think I need a little more time to see what is best received, like you said. Thank you!

Amy Locurto March 12, 2013

Angela – I think that is the curse of creative people… we like to do a lot of things and often are good at each one! Deciding what exactly to do is the hard part. If you like it all, I would narrow it down to what your clients return to you over and over for, that will in turn make you more money as well. You can always do other work in your spare time for personal projects.

Angela Bernard March 11, 2013

Question: How long into ones photography career should they give themselves to identify their niche? I have only a year under my belt and right now I love everything! If I HAD to choose now I would pick Newborns but after another year it could be something else. I don’t want my brand to be “in limbo” but I don’t want to be hasty in decided what is the best fit.
Angela

Amy Locurto March 12, 2013

For my creative blog, it was such an unknown industry when I started… so I tried everything for about a year until I was able to narrow it down to what people liked best and what was different than others at the time. That brought more traffic and lead to selling products, etc. Doing everything I liked didn’t work to build my brand or business. Now because of my focus in my niche, I work with large brands and even have a line of products in stores. -Amy

Wendy March 11, 2013

Thank you for some great advice!! This is exactly what I’m currently working on, and this article gave me some things to think about.

Mahala March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for this insight! I’m currently working on marketing my brand and these were wonderful questions to stop and ask myself. Thank you for the new knowledge!

Monica March 11, 2013

This is interesting and add my knowledge… Thank you for sharing this article…