Welcome to our photo challenge! Our challenges are open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).
- This week’s theme is “Hearts.” Read more details about our themes here.
- New to our site? You will want to read our FAQ’s. Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
- If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Feel free to re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
- To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission. Make sure that you add our button to your entry post.
Photo Credit: IHF Community Member, maluguia
“Hearts” Photo Submissions:
If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.
Tell us about your “heart” themed photo submission in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)
Guest Photographer Judge Interview
We had the pleasure of meeting this week’s Guest Photographer Judge couple at HER Photography Conference…as a matter of fact, they were the innovative people that organized the conference and inspired many female photographers along the way!
Ben and Laura Harrison from Harrison Studio are amazing wedding photographers who are wonderful at capturing a poignant lifestyle flair in their images. We absolutely adored getting to know them better when we spoke at their conference and are thrilled to welcome them as our Guest Photographer Judges this week.
Ben & Laura wrote:
Hey there! We are Ben and Laura Harrison, a husband and wife team of photographers and entrepreneurs based in Grand Rapids, MI. We are passionate about our family and friends, starting businesses and our two crazy cats! We photographed our first wedding together in 2005, and since then we’ve been on this crazy journey together and we’ve never looked back. We have been blessed to have our photography take us across the United States as well as international locales as distant as Thailand. In 2011, we photographed our first celebrity wedding which was featured in US Weekly and we couldn’t have been happier to see our images in a national publication! We are blessed to have a career we love and are passionate about and we can’t wait to see what the future holds!
Fun Q&A with The Harrisons
- What was your favorite photography moment of the year? We had the wonderful opportunity to photograph our first celebrity wedding (Carter Oosterhouse & Amy Smart) and our images were featured in US Weekly! It was a pretty special moment for us!
- What inspires you as a photographer? We pull our inspiration from a variety of places … including fashion, design, architecture, and nature.
- Do you have a “most embarrassing moment” you can share? Haha … there are too many to list! The key is just being willing to laugh at yourself
- Favorite Quote? ‘”To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – unknown
- What is the best photography advice you have ever been given? Stay true to your style, value your service and don’t compromise.
Find Ben & Laura here:
- Harrison Studio – Blog and Website
- Facebook Fan Page
- Other Photography Resources They’ve Created: Folio Websites, H2O Creative Album Templates, and HER Photography Conference,