Welcome to our photo challenge! Our challenges are open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).
- This week’s theme is “Oh So Silly!” Read more details about our themes here.
- New to our site? You will want to read our FAQ’s. Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
- If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Feel free to re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
- To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission. Make sure that you add our button to your entry post.
Photo Credit: Kelsey Anderson (Meet Kelsey in our Guest Photography Judge interview below.)
“Oh So Silly” Photo Submissions:
If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.
Guest Photographer Judge Interview
We are so please to welcome Kelsey Anderson, a long-time participant of our photo challenges and a photographer who inspires us, as this week’s Guest Photographer Judge! She is a fabulous wedding, engagement and boudoir photographer located in Las Vegas and the founder of Evoking You.
Born and raised in rainy Seattle but moved to sunny Las Vegas going on 6 years ago. Wife to a fun and loving man who I sometimes consider my 4th child 😉 Mother to 3 beautiful children Haylee, Hayden and Hudson. I love reality tv, shopping and of course photography.
I started my photography journey on my 27th birthday. I got a Nikon D40 and fell in love! I am beyond blessed to have a ‘job’ I love and be able to create my own schedule. I created Evoking You in June of 2011 and been humbled by the response. This year I started offering my Evoking Beauty Through Light online and in person workshops. Most days I have to pinch myself to make sure this is all real
Fun Q&A with Kelsey
- What was your favorite photography moment of the year? Well if we are talking about 2012 that would have to be getting the email from Angie asking me to guest judge! I adore I Heart Faces and have participated in many of the weekly challenges. To be asked to guest judge is amazing! Thank you!
- What inspires you as a photographer? Light! I adore natural light and pushing myself to use it in new ways. I love the soft and dreamy look it gives an image.
- Do you have a “most embarrassing moment” you can share? Oh my so many but probably not many I can share 😉 It is probably moments that happen when no one is even around. I seem to fall all the darn time. Coming down the stairs I miss a stair and fall. Walking in a parking lot at night and slipping on ice to jump up and look around to make sure no one saw. Yea I am graceful like that…. oh wait last year at WPPI I was walking in super cute heels but was going to fast and totally twisted my ankle but saved myself and kept on walking. Yea embarrassing!! If you were there… that was me!!
- Favorite Quote? ‘Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.’ – Steve Jobs
- What is the best photography advice you have ever been given? Be You! Be inspired by others but stay true to who you are as an artist and what YOU love! Remember that not everyone is going to love your work and that is OKAY!!! If you love it at the end of the day that is all that matters!
Tell us about your “silly” themed photo submission and say hello to our Guest Photographer Judge in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)