Photo Challenge | Oh So Silly!

January 30, 2012

in Guest Photographer Judge, Guest Photographer Judge 2012, Photo Challenge 2012

Photo Challenge Theme | Oh So Silly | I Heart Faces

Welcome to our photo challenge!  Our challenges are open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).

• This week’s theme is “Oh So Silly!”  Read more details about our themes here
  • New to our site?  You will want to read our FAQ’s.  Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
  • If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Feel free to re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
  •  To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission.  Make sure that you add our button to your entry post.

Photo Credit: Kelsey Anderson (Meet Kelsey in our Guest Photography Judge interview below.)

“Oh So Silly” Photo Submissions:

If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! :) Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

Guest Photographer Judge Interview

We are so please to welcome Kelsey Anderson, a long-time participant of our photo challenges and a photographer who inspires us, as this week’s Guest Photographer Judge!  She is a fabulous wedding, engagement and boudoir photographer located in Las Vegas and the founder of Evoking You.
I Heart Faces Photography Interview with Kelsey Anderson

About Kelsey

Born and raised in rainy Seattle but moved to sunny Las Vegas going on 6 years ago. Wife to a fun and loving man who I sometimes consider my 4th child 😉 Mother to 3 beautiful children Haylee, Hayden and Hudson. I love reality tv, shopping and of course photography.

I started my photography journey on my 27th birthday. I got a Nikon D40 and fell in love! I am beyond blessed to have a ‘job’ I love and be able to create my own schedule. I created Evoking You in June of 2011 and been humbled by the response. This year I started offering my Evoking Beauty Through Light online and in person workshops. Most days I have to pinch myself to make sure this is all real :)

I have met amazing artists and created fabulous friendships because of photography!
I Heart Faces Photography Interview with Kelsey Anderson

Fun Q&A with Kelsey

• What was your favorite photography moment of the year?  Well if we are talking about 2012 that would have to be getting the email from Angie asking me to guest judge! I adore I Heart Faces and have participated in many of the weekly challenges. To be asked to guest judge is amazing! Thank you!
  • What inspires you as a photographer? Light! I adore natural light and pushing myself to use it in new ways. I love the soft and dreamy look it gives an image.
  • Do you have a “most embarrassing moment” you can share? Oh my so many but probably not many I can share 😉 It is probably moments that happen when no one is even around. I seem to fall all the darn time. Coming down the stairs I miss a stair and fall. Walking in a parking lot at night and slipping on ice to jump up and look around to make sure no one saw. Yea I am graceful like that…. oh wait last year at WPPI I was walking in super cute heels but was going to fast and totally twisted my ankle but saved myself and kept on walking. Yea embarrassing!! If you were there… that was me!!
  • Favorite Quote? ‘Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.’ – Steve Jobs
  • What is the best photography advice you have ever been given? Be You! Be inspired by others but stay true to who you are as an artist and what YOU love! Remember that not everyone is going to love your work and that is OKAY!!! If you love it at the end of the day that is all that matters!

I Heart Faces Photography Interview with Kelsey Anderson

Tell us about your “silly” themed photo submission and say hello to our Guest Photographer Judge in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)

Lance February 2, 2012

This photo is really amazing thanks a lot for sharing to us..

LauraD January 31, 2012

My entry #348 Balloon Fun was so much fun to capture…it was a warm winter day and we had fun drawing balloons and pretending to be flying away with them…she was being silly and let go with a big scream…I love the moment…

Marla January 31, 2012

Can’t wait to get some much needed giggles looking at silly photos this week. Shared my own two favorite sillies in entry #332.

Leilani Rogers, Photographer January 31, 2012

Hi Kelsey! Gosh that’s some gorgeous work you’ve shared. Welcome and thanks for judging this week! My photo (#334?) was snapped during an Imagination Session with a few very active little boys! I love the expression I captured of one gregarious little boy trying to manage several bouncing balls, all at once! It was hilarious!

aviva rand January 31, 2012

(forgot to add the button…here’s the updated version)

Loved the fun and oh so silliness of this shoot!

Rebecca L January 31, 2012

Trying to get the girls to relax for a shoot with their new baby sister. This picture is what I got. This is my 1st time entering. I hope I did it right.

Amber Veuleman January 31, 2012

I had trouble seeing my entry show up, so I linked it more than once. So sorry about that. #313 and #314 should be deleted. Thanks for all you do!!

Jacynthe January 31, 2012

Thanks for this fun challenge. I apologize for posting mine twice. I thought it didn’t work the first time and so please delete one of them #301 or #305. Again, so sorry :(

Amara Cohen January 31, 2012

I entered #306 – Silly brothers. These are my boys being themselves, letting me capture them (for once)!

Ariana Leach January 31, 2012
Becky M January 31, 2012

My photo is titled “Cactipus”. While in the Desert room of Phipps we spied a plant that looked like a green octopus. It’s no fun just taking photos of foliage or people just standing next to said foliage so I told my husband to pretend the Cactipus was attacking him. It turned better than I expected. =)

Kelsey, I love your photo of the woman in the road. Did you use a photoshop filter to blur the edges, a special lens such as a lensbaby, or a lens filter?

Laura Short-Bacher January 31, 2012

Great entries! I’m #266. I love this theme!

avivarand January 31, 2012

This is my submission for oh so silly…Absolutely love your work Kelsey!
Here on my blog

(We had SO much silliness and fun with this shoot!)

Tammy January 31, 2012

#261 Loved the silly photo challenge but daughter had a blast making her silly face pose!

avivarand January 31, 2012

he’s adorable!

aviva rand January 31, 2012

yummy expression

aviva rand January 31, 2012

OOh…nice use of relationship here!

lisa January 31, 2012

how embarrassing…. that was “Kelsey”…. not Kelly….. I guess i need to pour myself another cup of coffee:)

lisa January 31, 2012

Totally beautiful and inspiring work Kelly…. I just love your use of light!!

This has been a fun challenge and I have enjoyed browsing all of the entries…….so many fabulous, silly faces:)

Lisa

Denise January 31, 2012

I just entered #253 into the contest: Silly Kakes. You can view it here: http://iheartfaces.ning.com/photo/silly-kaylee-kakes?context=latest
Anyone who knows Kaylee, would use the word “silly” to describe her. We call her “Silly Sally” at home and I inevitabley get a silly look in her photo shoots. This is from our latest shoot and as usual, she couldn’t hold back!

Ruth January 31, 2012

I love all the photos that was submitted here. Different kind of silliness.

Ariana Leach January 30, 2012

My silly picture is one of my 5 year old son. He is so fun to photograph and I always end up with his absolutely hysterical faces. I am so thankful I get to capture his personality in this way. I love your work Kelsey!

Melinda January 30, 2012

Wanted to say a quick sorry to anyone using Blogger. I cannot post a comment!! I’ve tried and tried. It tells me the random letters it wants me to type in are incorrect when I KNOW I’ve typed them correctly…bummed.

Kim Pace January 30, 2012

Love this theme.. and I cannot tell you how exciting it is the Kelsy is the judge this week.. I adore her work…

Mary Mouser January 30, 2012

Friends of mine needed help creating a photo that could be made in to a puzzle to mail to their granddaughters using all the stuffed animals and dolls in the house. I buried them amongst the animals and dolls, and on our last shot, got a really silly shot. So fun.

Erica January 30, 2012

#158: My silly boy…. entered this particular photo of my silly 5 year old because I just love his personality, and he loves to be silly!

Maggie S. January 30, 2012

Hi, Kelsey!
Hope you get a lot of laughs out of all these silly photos you get to judge. Mine is titled “Goofy Littlest”. Not sure about the number or if it will change so I gave you the name instead. Anyway, I was taking some pics of my sister-in-law’s family when we did the traditional goofy face photo. The littlest member just kind of kept it going. It was a lot of fun.

Sadie Ford January 30, 2012

Actually my picture is # 166 sorry

Sadie Ford January 30, 2012

My picture is #134, I hope you find it oh so silly!!! It’s a special picture because I look at these two adorable children and realize how blessed my best friend and I are to have adopted these angels at birth. They act like an old married couple …LOL

Krista Turner January 30, 2012

Mine is #129 (for now), also here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/krista_turner_photography/6670878373/

I’ve been lucky enough to follow this little client of mine through her first year of life. We had a perfectly sunny day in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park for this session! My favorite part of this photo: those beautiful little eyes!

Taryn Boyd January 30, 2012

I am resubmitted the same photo b/c I wanted to post it to my blog so it got more traffic…hope that’s okay!!!!!!

Taryn Boyd January 30, 2012

NEW FAN!!!! Here is my entry and I am so excited to see Kelsey is a guest judge!

triciaduncanphotography January 30, 2012

I so love these challenges. You can see this weeks for me at http://www.triciaduncanphotographyblog.com/heart-faces-silly/

billie anderson January 30, 2012

Nice article. Youve grown so much in a business your great at. Im proud lf you. Hugs.

subha January 30, 2012

my entry:

is my ittle girl being her NORMAL silly self!

Veronica January 30, 2012

It was so hard to choose just one : ) awesome theme.

Michelle Nichelson Photography January 30, 2012

Yay Kelsi! SO exciting! 😀

sally January 30, 2012

had lots of trouble figuring out how to post mine!!! I need to get #82 deleted, and #85 is my submission…way too hard for me to find the SILLIEST….

Rachel January 30, 2012

wow Kelsey! Beautiful work! I especially love that last image you have up here.

My submission (52) is of my little Australian/American boy on Australia Day — his silly personality is really starting to shine through these days! His tongue is perpetually poking out of his mouth!

Kasia Gilbert January 30, 2012

Hi Kelsey! I admire your work. We are fellow Las Vegas re-plants! I say re-plants because my DH is military and this is our second round here in Sin City. Just got here in the summer to just find out that we will be moving away this fall. So it goes. Not much time to worry about setting up shop here in town for me.
Cheers,
K
PS Guess we were supposed to say something about our image (Incognito)…so this is what happens to us when we are stuck inside the house too long…we find ways to amuse ourselves. No, that’s not really true…this is how we are all of the time! :)

Ashley Lynn January 30, 2012

Congrats Kelsey! You’re amazing!