Photo Challenge | Best Face Photo from 2011

January 9, 2012

in Photo Challenge 2012

Post image for Photo Challenge | Best Face Photo from 2011

Photo Challenge

Welcome to our first photo challenge of the new year!  This week is going to be BIG as we celebrate our 3rd Anniversary and have tons of photo fun together.  :)

This challenge will be open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).

• This week’s theme is “Best Face Photo from 2011.”  Read more details about this week’s theme.
  • New to our site?  You will want to read our FAQ’s.  Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
  • If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Please re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
  • To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission.  Please also make sure that you add our button to your blog post.

Photo Credit: IHF Community Member, Milos Marcinek

“Best Face Photo from 2011” Submissions:

If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! :) Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

Tell us about your “Best Face from 2011″ themed photo submission in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)

I Heart Faces Photo School

Photo School | I Heart Faces
We are so excited to announce the our I Heart Faces Photo School is starting back up again! Please check out our Photo School Website later this week for an updated class schedule…we’re looking forward to growing and learning together in this new year!

masuod khalili December 7, 2012

hi wating for topface

Bill May 28, 2012

this week’s theme at heartaches is “best face photo from 2011.” this is my favorite photo from 2011. actually, this is my favorite face photo. ever.

Meghan Hof January 13, 2012

Yippeee! My entry final showed up. I am embarrassed to admit that I’ve tried and failed to enter the contest many times. 2012 is off on the right foot. So many beautiful images here (what a talented group!).
My entry is #673 “Simply Baby” because really sometimes simple is all you need.

candy kempsey January 13, 2012

I mean it is #676

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

candy kempsey January 13, 2012

My photo is #646!

candy kempsey January 13, 2012

My photo is of a girl I met through a “mommy and me” class last year and have only kept in touch on fb. This year I posted how I need some people to have a mini portrait session with me for an online mentoring class I am taking.
Jennifer was all for it and she really wowed me!! We had so much fun and it was that day I realized how this is not only a learning experience for me, to bring my passion to life, it is very healing for me as well. I also related to my subject and loved most of all that she arrived with no make-up and o.m.g she was soooooo pretty!!! :)

Jennifer January 12, 2012

My photo entry is #648
I have chosen Gabe for my entry into I Heart Faces “Best Face of 2011.” He is such a courageous little man, who has such charisma, love, and playfulness, that if you were to meet him, you wouldn’t think there was anything wrong…

You wouldn’t know it from this image, but this young man has been facing an uphill battle most of his life. He has a rare, somewhat mysterious blood disorder that requires him to have blood transfusions every so many weeks, along with a regimen of medications that don’t always make him feel better. To complicate things, early in 2011 he was diagnosed as having a malformation of his brain, known as Chiari Malformation. This condition causes fluid to build on the spine and could eventually cause him to ultimately lose feeling in his legs, bladder control, etc. From what I understand, these two problems are completely unrelated. If you find you have time, I ask you might spot a second to say a prayer for this little boy and his family to find peace, and that his doctors are able to determine a better way of treatment, if not ultimately a cure.

Cherie M. January 11, 2012

Oh no! I can’t believe I missed this one! Well if anyone just wants to check out the photo I would have submitted and leave any feedback, I’d love it!
It’s the 1st photo in my website’s slideshow of the bride in black & white….

LOVED looking at all the cute baby faces!

Shana D January 11, 2012

#234 A rare shot. The description fits the photo perfectly. It is so rare that I am able to capture all three of my kids looking at me, smiling and getting along. It instantly became a favorite photo.

Chelsea T. January 11, 2012

#596 – This was one of my favorite photo sessions :) A six month shoot where I got lots of lovely photos but not one smile! Thanks for sharing everyone!

Janneke M January 11, 2012

The Linky numbers are changing. It’s now #362 — baby blues

Lynda January 11, 2012

LOVE photo 691 – Little Red Riding Hood. The eyes are the window to the soul and this pic innocently captured just that!

xo Lynda

Kaily Fitzgerald January 11, 2012

I love love love faces! Each face has a story :)! My baby is #410…he is my love!

Jill January 10, 2012

So, I think I just entered my first contest, with literally seconds to spare. Mine’s the very last one and I fear I may have screwed it all up; but in this new year, I promised to challenge myself… so there you have it. Right or wrong, but I sincerely hope I didn’t inadvertently break any rules. Wouldn’t that be an embarrassing way to start things… :) Off to check out the other gorgeous faces. Thanks for the chance to feel like part of something positive!

Micaela Boyd January 10, 2012

I posted my photo 3 or 4 times in the past hour and i do not see it. i hope it went through.

Sarah January 10, 2012

#754…first time meeting my high school best friend’s daughter and she was by far happiest and most expressionate little girl I had ever met. She had so many different facial expressions it was hard to choose just one!

Mary Mouser January 10, 2012

What a fun challenge … but what a hard challenge. For me, the best face comes from the one that brings back a wonderful memory, a laugh, an unforgettable moment. I photographed a family dressed as Superheros. Not for Halloween, but because the parents supported their boys wonderful imagination. I will never forget their boy named Roy.

kristy cox January 10, 2012

my entry is currently 748 titled “Abby”. This is a picture of my oldest daughter. We were just playing around after school one day with good lighting and scarves and this was what i ended up getting. I absolutely love the look on her face.

Shannon Lutkins January 10, 2012

Entry #743. This amazing beauty was from a DIVA party I shot. She also happens to be my daughter. She has an amazing ability to look at the camera and draw you in. The intensity of her eyes and the emotion that she conveys is amazing for an 8 year old child! The most amazing part of her is not just her beauty it is her HEART. She does everything she can to make money to donate to the needy.

Amy Sullins January 10, 2012

My links are now showing but it is showing 2. Can you please delete number 720? Linky Tools was not uploading correctly and I had retried to post!

Thank you!

Amy Sullins January 10, 2012

I tried to enter but the Linky Tool is not working. Please advise!

dawn January 10, 2012

my entry right now unless it changes is 721, this is my grandaughter and it has been tough for me to get great shots of her, I swear she nows what I am doing, I hand the camera to my daughter and she laughs and laughs!!

Christy Playter January 10, 2012

Finley Rae’s 3rd birthday shoot. She’s such a pistol but this was a sweet moment mid-conversation. http://174.136.34.114/~cplayter/?p=132

Sadie Ford January 10, 2012

#708, I love this shot because it was totally random between outfit changes and it turned out stunning:-) such a cutie pie!!

Lisa Franks January 10, 2012

Name of Entry – Lily Cakes….

Crystal January 10, 2012

hey i entered my princess…689 we were just playing around with the camera and i caught this beautiful pose and just had to share it

Holly January 10, 2012

I added “Magical Light”, currently #92 or thereabouts. I love how the sunlight makes a sort of halo around her head. :)

Lisa Franks January 10, 2012

Did I mention that living in Indonesia means your internet chooses when it feels like actually working, which is often less than more? I’ve reloaded my entry (orig.#678) now #685, due to the black box that was in place of the actual thumbnail! Thanks for your patience!

Lisa Franks January 10, 2012

My entry is #678. Living in Indonesia, I take a lot of street photography and portraits of local children and adults. The character and strength found in so many of the faces is astounding… so then why did I choose my own daughter for the best face challenge? Because she’s my Cakes.

Jen Stem January 10, 2012

#672 is a photo of my husband that I took when he let me use him as my guinea pig for my first time behind a dslr camera! I may be bias, but I think my husband truly has the best face of all the faces in the whole world! :) This picture is also sentimental as truly marking the beginning of my photography journey in 2011.

Loriana Marie January 10, 2012

#663

This is Kadence, she was attacked by a pit bull 6 months previous to these photos. She was unrecognizable, after lots of intensive care and plastic surgery she is restored. She is so beautiful, brave and strong! she will grow up to be a great lady!