Photo Challenge | Furry Pet Faces

December 12, 2011

in Photo Challenge 2011

Post image for Photo Challenge | Furry Pet Faces

Welcome to our pet photo challenge!  Our challenges are open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).

• This week is all about pets with a theme of  “Furry Faces!”  Read more details about this week’s theme.
  • New to our site?  You will want to read our FAQ’s.  Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
  • If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Please re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
  • To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission.  Please also make sure that you add our button to your blog post.

Photo Credit: IHF Community Member, Julie Rivera

“Furry Faces” Pet Photo Submissions:

If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! :) Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

Tell us about your “Furry Faces” themed photo submission in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)

4 person tent pack August 2, 2013

What’s up, I desire to subscribe for this blog to obtain most up-to-date updates, so where can i do it please assist.

Cutlery January 8, 2013

We stumbled over here by a different site and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

Ana GR December 14, 2011

My entry is #215. I called it “cat & blue”, this little kittie was looking at me so scared and blue. His owner recently had a stroke and cannot come to care for his 20 cats, so all the people in the area feed them and care for all of them.

Mandy December 14, 2011

Hi! I guess I didn’t realize it was Pet Week (my submission is currently #87, and also the one that doesn’t include a pet) because in the link that says “Read more details about this week’s theme here” it links to a page that does not include the week’s information. Although I did eventually see the info via a different link. Anyway, thanks! I’m loving all the furry faces!

Dana December 14, 2011

I posted my entry yesterday, not sure why its gone today? “:-( It was a cute one! I love all the other pics tho!

Kelly Kennedy December 13, 2011

ah ha, figured it out, my site wasn’t working right! Well here’s my correct link! LOL

Katie December 13, 2011

Got in just in time! Shoo! I’m the last entry…”Georgie’s guy,” my friend’s pup who goes by the name Hudson Wayne. He’s such a cutie!

I was playing around with some textures while editing. Hudson Wayne was dressed for a dog parade in his Hawaiian attire so I thought it would be fun to be a little playful with the processing.

Love all the entries on here!

Susan Gertz December 13, 2011

Aw, I missed the deadline! But, here is my entry anyway… http://www.dogpatchpix.com/2011/12/i-heart-faces-furry-faces-entry/

Kelly Kennedy December 13, 2011

Booooo, Mr Linky keeps telling me that my site isn’t valid and won’t let me submit!

Amanda Williams December 13, 2011

I entered a photo of my spoiled rotten baby, waiting on me to quick taking pictures, and start playing with him!

RJ December 13, 2011

Such expressive eyes!

Tracy December 13, 2011

13 year old, Alex, is a handsome yellow lab…just as sweet as his picture too!

Jen Prouty Photography December 13, 2011

My entry is currently #340. I am pretty sure if dogs could talk, this dog was cussing me out! I love this dog’s personality! 😀

Kimberly December 13, 2011

My links aren’t showing up either, although I have added them a handful of times now. I’m hoping it is just something goofy!

Amanda December 13, 2011

I’d love to leave individual comments on peoples photos here, but I have NO clue how to do it! Sorry folks! There are a TON of really great photos on here though!!

RJ Hanagan December 13, 2011

Added a picture of one of our foster kitties, Regis. Currently #433. My wife fosters kittens from the local shelter until they are old enough to be adopted. Some of them are really hard to let go. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjhanagan/6508140185/

faun December 13, 2011

my dog, Louise, was such a handful as a puppy and i happened to catch her while sleeping and she reminded me of Falkor in the Neverending Story so i started calling her “my luck dragon” :)

Erika W December 13, 2011

#424 … My “little boy” that gives me unconditional love. My photo just reminds me of how calm he can be and hwo when I need to snuggle, he’ll always be here for me. I have to say that most of the photos I saw give the same effect – just that hpapy face that we can turn to … its so awesome to capture that feeling!

Karthika December 13, 2011

I saw this guy at the zoo and was completely mesmerised. He was so majestic and deadly in his glance. Not an animal you want as a pet just he stayed in my mind the whole time we were there. Thanks!

Janneke M December 13, 2011

Thanks for making me dig through my photos to find one I LOVE of my cat who I miss dearly. Was going to enter a photo of my bird or my friend’s dog, but I just had to get all sentimental and let you meet my “fluffy butt.” :)

Jackie Gomez December 13, 2011
Jackie Gomez December 13, 2011

The theme of my picture is “puppy love”. My adorable Grandson at the young age of 14 months loves dogs.

Maki December 13, 2011

My entry is “Le Tigre” yup, that’s right, A TIGER.

Tacet Studios December 13, 2011

This is the first time I made a submission of an iphone photo and did the submission all via iphone as well! My entry is “Christmas Poppy” currently #385. I hope you take a moment to take a look :)

Laura D December 13, 2011

My submission #386 Hello Jaguar is a favorite of mine from our recent visit to the zoo. They have a new baby jaguar and he came up to greet my daughter and was very taken with her…She was so thrilled with her new found friend that she soon was begging for us to bring home a new baby jaguar of her own. I love the curiosity of our new furry faced friend :).

Jennifer December 13, 2011

#382. | Classic Abi
This is a picture of my little sister’s dog, Abi. She’s a purebred, black lab. Ha! That’s a funny inside joke. The lady who sold Abi to my sister tried to convince us that Abi was a purebred lab. Clearly, she is not. Regardless, she’s a wonderful pup and companion… and a fabulous model!

Kathryn Grace Photography December 13, 2011

My entry (currently #383) is of our new kitty ready to pounce on her favorite toy.

TammyD December 13, 2011

I don’t have any family pets, but in Florida with have a lot of Great Blue Herron. I found this one hanging with two friends.

Mary Mouser December 13, 2011

I was at a park this summer and came back to my car to find two wet fidos in the car next to mine so asked the owner if I could take their picture. I think what intrigued me the most was that they had just come from the river and were allowed into this newer SUV … on the fabric seats. Wow, I’m not that nice! I love all the wonderful entries! Good luck everyone! Mary

Liz LaFrance December 13, 2011

Oh no… My first submission and now I’m convinced that I have found one more thing that will tear me away from work I’m SUPPOSED to be doing.
Oh well… i heart faces!! (and dogs.. i heart dogs too)

Katie December 13, 2011

First photo contest! My sweet Jammer is #132. He’s a rescue that turned out to be the cutest dog EVER!

Cassi December 13, 2011

Posted about Frankenstein my daughter’s cat

Karen Clemente December 13, 2011

My photo entry is # 349. This adorable puppy was discovered during Carnevale in Venice, Italy. She is such a fashionista with her pink hoody jacket.

subha December 12, 2011

currently number #334, my entry is of my BIG BOY cat when he was just a little teeny tiny one!

Cheryl December 12, 2011

FUN! RT @livinglocurto It's pet week on I Heart Faces! Take a photo of your pet and submit it on Mon-Tues. http://t.co/EpIooeZ1

Vicky December 12, 2011

#314 – Little Miss Kitty – My first photo challenge!I just got my first DSLR camera a few weeks ago, so I am so excited I was able to snap this cute photo of Miss! She is such a little princess! :) Everyone’s photos look awesome!

Lisa December 12, 2011

My photo is currently number 311, Sweet Pickles. Pickles is a Beagle mix and such a sweetie. She is my husband and my’s first dog. We love her! This is the first time I’ve entered a photo. I’m excited!

colette December 12, 2011

this challenge is sooo fun- these pets are amazing– I had the same trouble as Laureen – above comment- and then I finally see my entry of 266 — Piper. I love being able to participate- and see all the cute faces!

Christina December 12, 2011

I tried unsuccessfully to link my photo the first time. Hopefully I got it right the second time. :) My dog Lacey (#309) decided to come for a drink of water while I was trying to get a shot.

Angie December 12, 2011

I love it when @iheartfaces features weeks for pets! #photography http://t.co/Ru1txXW0

Amy Locurto December 12, 2011

It's pet week on I Heart Faces! Take a photo of your pet and submit it on Mon-Tues. http://t.co/fB8xaCpw

kelly December 12, 2011

oh i love seeing everyone’s furry “faces” :) my photo is currently #299 – my cat pumpkin. the furriest, shedding-est cat ever. :)

Ruthie December 12, 2011

Such a fun challenge! My photo is currently 77. My dog ran to greet another dog as we were walking. I love how they are touching noses! Great photos everyone!

Jessica December 12, 2011

#294 is my first photo entry and I am truly excited! I loved this picture! You don’t get too many chances to see the lions interact like this. :) !!!

Diane O'Connor December 12, 2011

#291 is my very first entry and I’m super excited. I refer to my subject as Lazy Eyed Mantis. I found him perched on my 20 pound pumpkin basking in the sun on a brisk fall day. What a great photo op for me because I love shooting nature and I couldn’t be happier with the results. And after close inspection – it has a lazy eye! Incredible!! Good luck to everyone.

Amy Locurto December 12, 2011

Love Pet week! RT @iheartfaces: #Photo Challenge | Furry Faces http://t.co/EqmgiMnk

Courtney December 12, 2011

Such a fun theme! I love “Louis Snapped”‘s picture. So cute :)

Deborah December 12, 2011

This definitely brings the smiles!
Who doesn’t adore warm fuzzy, furry faces?!
It’s going to be fun checking these entries out!

Elizabeth December 12, 2011

I LOVE IT!

laureen December 12, 2011

I have so much trouble everytime I enter these contests! My links never seem to show up. Pretty sure I may have posted 3 times…altho non are showing. Guess we’ll see what happens :)