12 Elf On The Shelf Ideas

December 15, 2011

in Photography Community Inspiration

12 Elf On The Shelf Ideas from the I Heart Faces Photography Community

Does “Elf on the Shelf” visit your home? We have both been enjoying this tradition in our households this month watching our elf perform all sorts of antics that have been an endless source of amusement for our children.  A few days ago we asked our photography community to share some of their fun ideas as well. Here are some of our favorites!

Photo Credit: Angie from The Arthur Clan

Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Amy from Living Locurto {download Amy’s “Elf on the Shelf” Posing Guide}
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Angie from The Arthur Clan {view her complete compilation of “Elf on the Shelf” Ideas}
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Dana Suggs Photography
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Wendy Irwin
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Stephanie Abeles  {We loved her photo and think it would be perfect for our Holiday Bokeh Photo Challenge next week!}

Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Kelli Bergstrom
Elf On Shelf Ideas

Dana Yi
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Hayley Ann Roebuck
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Kathleen N
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Laurie Scoggins
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Kelli Bergstrom
Elf On The Shelf Ideas

Join in the fun over in our FREE photography community!

Feel free to continue adding photos of the adventures of your own “Elf on the Shelf.”  Please make sure they are tagged with the word “elf” so that we can find them in the photostream.  There are a lot “Elf on the Shelf” fans who would love to be inspired by your ideas!

chris December 4, 2013

I love the tp’ing the tree, I’m going to have to borrow that:)

Carrie December 4, 2013

These are great. Thank you.. Wished I would have knows about this site when “Bella” was in the fridge eating chocolate pie the other night or in the medicine cabinet the next day with the dental floss..

Nicole December 18, 2012

These are hilarious! I’ve had an easier time since I added wire, velcro, and magnets to make our Elf more pose-able…if anyone wants to check it out, I created a tutorial! http://lifesolovely.com/2012/12/01/elf-on-the-shelf-mod-in-easy-steps/

-Nicole

Kim August 19, 2012

Send one of these to your child with the letter from Santa thanking your Elf on the Shelf. Very fun!

EL January 25, 2012

The tire swing is awesome! You should report these elves to http://www.ShelfTheElf.com!

Jessie December 20, 2011

Me too…well tea anyway.x

Shannon December 19, 2011

These are great!

Katie C December 16, 2011

Too cute!!! I love the Elf toilet papering the tree! 12 Elf On The Shelf Ideas {Photography Inspiration}: http://t.co/xwg9ZxVd

kelly December 16, 2011

i just snorted coffee out my nose when i saw the undies on the mantle. so cute. :)

kc @ psychomoney December 15, 2011

Great work. My kids just about died laughing when they saw the underwear next to the stockings.

Snekcip December 15, 2011

These pics are too cute!! Love the “underwear on the mantle”! We are full-fledged in the Elf on the shelf tradition this year! My 4yr old is just giddy w/excitement each time she spots him somewhere. My husband has been great at helping me keep up the ‘magic” and moving him in different spots when she is out of the room. Elvin (our Elf) “beat us to the car” Sunday before church! After I buckled her in her carseat and got in the driver’s seat and my husband and I got buckled in, she startled me as she screamed with excitement ” Elvin!!!! How’d you get in here? “!!! Unbeknown to me, my husband had made it to the car (while I got our coats on) and hung him from the rear view mirror!! Elvin was “dressed to impress” with a snappy bow-tie (made of construction paper) . My husband just looked over at me and gave me a “knowing wink”!! Whew….thought that Elvin REALLY did exist!!! PRICELESS!!

Lindsey Kay December 15, 2011

Outstanding! These are so creative. They absolutely inspire me to have more fun with our little guy!

Andrea Worley December 15, 2011

These are adorable! Such creative ideas!

Connie December 15, 2011

Adoreable! I just bought the book and sent it to my nieces for an early Christmas present I thought it would be fun for them! I also loved the toilet paper tree and playing Yahtzee (one of my favorite games!) .

Terri December 15, 2011

I just wanted to share that the toilet papered tree made me laugh out loud. :) These are all wonderful pics. I love Elf on the Shelf…we adopted Buddy just this week.