Photo Challenge | Autumn Splendor

November 14, 2011

in Photo Challenge 2011

Photo Challenge | I Heart Faces

Welcome to our photo challenge!  Our challenges are open for photo submissions on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST).

• This week’s theme is “Autumn Splendor.” Read about more details here
  • Unlike most weeks, a human face does not have to be clearly showing but there must be a person in your photo submission somewhere.
  • New to our site?  You will want to read our FAQ’s.  Please note that we do not accept photo submissions from Facebook.
  • If your photo submission has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Please re-submit your entry correctly using a permalink to your post.
  •  To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your submission.  Please also make sure that you add our button to your blog post.

Photo Credit: IHF Community Member, One Willow

“Autumn Splendor” Photo Submissions:

If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five photo submissions around yours. Our participants love this! 🙂 Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

Tell us about your “autumn splendor” themed photo submission in the comments section below! (Please be aware that the number of your submission most probably will change if any of the other submissions have to be deleted.)

Watch our new episode on My Craft Channel this week!

Photography Show | I Heart Faces
Join us as we share a few of our “lightbulb moments” that make us say “Ah-Ha!” and pick up some great tips that will help you improve your own photography skills.

Lauri Mosley December 9, 2011

Drat. My bad but I can’t see it if it is.

Mrs. Claus November 19, 2011

My entry is from an engagement session with my son and his future wife. One of their favorites. The road is in the state park close to our town, and the leaves were all so gorgeous it was hard to decide where to set up.

Brooke Bikneris November 17, 2011

AHHH! I had forgotten to add the button (just did today on my blog) or the link on Flickr (just did today). Sorry! I fixed it!

Kristi Busby November 16, 2011

My number is #343. We were in Gatlinburg for vacation last week and I took hundreds of pictures! 🙂 Much to my kids’ shagrin… This picture was one of those pictures that just took my breath away – I was so excited I didn’t care if I got another good pic the entire week! 🙂 It was taken in Cades Cove, Tennesssee.

Kimberly November 16, 2011

photo entry #307: we don’t have “autumn splendor” in phoenix, az. so a couple of weeks ago we took our little guys on a road trip up north to find some at freeman farms. we had fun on a hay ride, picked pumpkins from the patch, and our oldest had a blast playing on the tractors…that’s the picture i entered. and yes, he’s a serious, determined little guy! 🙂

Julie November 15, 2011

Oops! Accidentally submitted twice…not sure how to delete #434. 🙂 Thanks!

trang November 15, 2011

photo entry #430 –
This is a photo of my little sweet & sassy niece, Taylor, in a ladybug costume i bought her for Halloween!

Sarah November 15, 2011

I apologize if I entered more than once! I did it three times and still don’t see my entry. It was before 9 p.m. central! I hope it got in! Love looking at all of the beautiful fall photos. I sort of dread winter – the cold, the snow, the short days. Somehow, these fall photos seem so warm!

LaToya November 15, 2011

Hello!

I am photo #426, looks I may be the last photo for the night! I seen so many great photos, good luck to you all. I HEART FACES 🙂

Katie (Kandid Photography) November 15, 2011

Sorry, here is the link:

Geez, you can’t tell I’m new at this! :S

Best of Luck Everyone!

Katie (Kandid Photography) November 15, 2011

Guess I am # 407 now. Frosted Harvest. I am a first time entry. So exciting! 🙂

Please view my post:

Good Luck Everyone – so many awesome photos! Thank you I <3 Faces for the contest!

Katie November 15, 2011

Hello Everyone,

I hope I finally got this post right (I had to go and quickly make a free blog site just to be able to enter – guess I’ll have to look into getting a blog for my website!)

My photo is # 409 – Frosted Harvest.

This was truly a kandid moment shared as the newly engaged couple had a small laugh as they “didn’t know what to do” and this picture was the end result.

There are so many beautiful posts – good luck to everyone!
Katie 🙂

D Yocom November 15, 2011

I am experiencing issues w/ my submissions but this is my final try – Entry 401! I think this little guy was having a blast w/ the leaves at the park recently!

Kathryn Grace Photography November 15, 2011

My entry is currently #394 and is of my sister framed by autumn leaves.

Corrine Corbett November 15, 2011

(Right now, #389 – Hunting Autumn) In our area, there are so many hunters. Images with guns were a MUST HAVE for this engaged couple that I photographed just a week ago. When I think of autumn, I think of the smells, the crunching leaves, the sun, and the hunters. 🙂

Jordan November 15, 2011

#384. I had taken my 8 month old niece, Brooklyn, to a local pumpkin patch. She was not too thrilled about the hay she was stepping on and made sure to let me know it! We had such a fun time seeing her giggle at the farm animals. Nothing more precious than the love of a baby!!

Jennifer November 15, 2011

Drat. I am now entries #376. and #385 | Falling in Love. My bad.

Jennifer November 15, 2011

#376. | Falling in Love. I took this picture two weeks ago during an engagement session. I absolutely love the vibrant and beautiful colors of the leaves surrounding this adorable couple. I wish it could be Fall all year! 🙂

Stacey V November 15, 2011

Oh, and my picture is #373 “Taste of Fall” – I don’t have a website, it’s just a link to the photo.

Stacey V November 15, 2011

What an incredible collection of photos! I am blown away by how talented everyone is. I am new to this website (and to photography, for that matter), but was having so much fun taking pictures of my little guy in the fall leaves recently that I had to join in the fun when I saw the contest theme.

Molly Wickes November 15, 2011

Same with me, Katie!

Katie November 15, 2011

I might have entered three times. I kept trying to upload a photo but it never showed up in the submission area. But I did just get a comment so I guess it’s there. So sorry if it’s showing up three times. My bad but I can’t see it if it is. Sorry! 🙂

If it’s there, mine is “Carefree”…four siblings running through a colorful field! Thanks!

swg photography November 15, 2011

I just adore this time of year. It’s colorful and the days are cool enough for clients to be much more comfortable.

I shot my image (151) during a holiday session this past weekend. I loved the father/son moment that these two were having. It was perfect. And with the autumn backdrop, I couldn’t have asked for a better shot to enter.

Jen November 15, 2011

#334- At a cub scout camping trip, my son’s den did the flag ceremony. It was a beautiful fall day!

Lea November 15, 2011

Entry #217- was took AFTER a fall family shoot. We were talking at our cars when their little guy crashed. I pulled out my camera for one more shot and got a sweet shot of him sleeping; pooped from the day. I love the fall colours and light.

Meg - Tea & Brie November 15, 2011

Right now I’m #331

I carved a heart out of the leaves in our yard, and snapped a shot as my daughter trampled right through it 🙂

D Yocom November 15, 2011

I’m not sure what happened to my last entry, I think it was deleted. So, I’ve entered another. This was taken recently at a local park w/ some of the children in my family. They loved the leaves and the unusually warm weather.

Good luck to everyone!

D Yocom November 15, 2011

I’m not sure what happened w/ my previous comment, but my link wasn’t working.

My entry for this challenge is a recent photograph that I shot at a local park w/ several children in my family. They were having a blast and really enjoyed the leaves! The weather was warmer than expected, so that definitely helped.

Check out my entry at https://dyocomphotography.blogspot.com

Laura Short November 15, 2011

My photo, #317, is my son Jacob helping his dad rake the backyard. We bought him his own rake but it was too much for him to handle. He pretty much gave up after raking this small pile of dead grass and went to dig in the dirt for bugs.

Alicia Stanley November 15, 2011

I have #229 this week! 🙂 This photo is from a wedding we shot on Friday, 11.11.11! While we don’t get a very dramatic visible change in seasons here in Southern California, we loved this amazing tree for Yolanda & Doug’s post ceremony portrait shots! The tree was just so massive and gorgeous that we had to incorporate it into the shot!

Candy @ Mommypalooza November 14, 2011

Captured in our backyard this past Sunday while just enjoy some playtime outdoors!

TD Photography (Tracey Watson) November 14, 2011

Vivid Magnificence is a picture I took of my daughter last year. The colors in this place are just amazing. It truly is a place that I love to go. It is such a relaxing place, and one that you just cant help but want to take pictures of. water, woods nature……… big smile on my face.

Erin Stevenson November 14, 2011

Mine is currently #141 Boots and Straw

I LOVE Fall and I was recently asked to help announce a pregnancy! I was honored and I think the picture turned out great and then I turned it in to an announcement. The Photo is above but you can see it and the announcement on my blog at http://erinstevensonphoto.blogspot.com

D Yocom November 14, 2011

This is my favorite time of year, so I was excited to share one of my more recent photos taken at the local park!

Please feel free to visit my blogsite to view my latest entry.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

~D

Courtney Breul November 14, 2011

I had so much fun shooting pictures with my nieces in a huge pile of leaves!

Micaela Batterberry November 14, 2011

This is my first time submitting to Iheart. I love this place! Fall is one of my very favorite things.