We’re so happy to welcome an amazing photographer from Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Erin Wheeler, as this week’s Guest Photographer Judge!
Erin’s Photography Journey
When I was pregnant with my third daughter, I bought my very first DSLR. I was so excited and so impressed that I turned my camera on auto and couldn’t stop shooting. After a while I became frustrated with the way my photos looked and decided I needed to learn all of my camera functions. I went out and bought books, dvd tutorial and joined a few forums. I eventually switched over to manual and went out and practiced, practiced, practiced! Now, I can’t imagine my life without photography.
Fun Q&A with Erin
- What is one tip you would give any photographer? Sometimes, I feel that we are too busy thinking about what composition is right, what someone else wants and what others want to see. Learn to let yourself go — get into that moment and shoot with your heart. Shoot for your yourself, and most importantly, shoot what you love.
- Where do you find inspiration to keep your photography creative and unique? I love to find my inspiration everywhere — books, magazines, movies, clothing and even food. One of my favorite places is antique stores. I love finding unique props. One of my favorite things to do is to take an object and create a whole photo session around it.
- Do you have your camera with you wherever you go? No, not at all! However, I do have my iPhone wherever I go. I love being able to whip it out whenever needed. I love all the amazing photography apps it offers.
- Do you have a favorite quote you can share? “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What do you love most about capturing faces? I love being able to capture real moments and to freeze those moments so we can hold on to them forever.
Erin’s Photography Equipment
Find Erin Here:
Thank you so much for visiting with us as this week’s Guest Photographer Judge, Erin! We can’t wait to see which photos you choose as your favorites from our Beautiful Eyes Photo Challenge.