Photo Challenge | Props

July 18, 2011

in Photo Challenge 2011

Post image for Photo Challenge | Props

Our photo challenges are open for entries on Mon & Tues (until 9:00 pm CST). To be considered as a winner of this week’s challenge, you can only have ONE photo in your entry. Please make sure that you add our button to your blog post as well so that you’ll be eligible to win!

• This week’s theme is “Props.”  Read more details here.
  • If you are newer to our site, you will want to read our FAQ’s.  Please note that we do not accept any entries from Facebook.
  • Please remember that a human face needs to be showing in your photo entry if you’d like to be considered as a winner.
  • If your entry has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Please go ahead and reenter it correctly using a permalink to your post.

Photo Credit: IHF Community Member, Liz Labianca.

“Props” Photo Entries:

If you enter our photo challenge this week, we ask that you leave comments for at least five entries around yours. Our participants love this! :) Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

Tell us about your “Props” photo entry in the comments section below!  (PLEASE NOTE:  The number of your entry most probably will change if any of the other entries have to be deleted.)

Estela Battle March 9, 2013

My photo this week is of my daughter…it was a photo I shot of her last summer for her 4th birthday. It kind of gave a 20′s/bridal look I thought. Ever since i started photography i’ve worked with my best friend, she and i make a great team and take great pics from different angles. She has such a cheeky smile and her little eyes are lit up in sheer anticipation.

Hazel Warren December 11, 2011

Her Mum started calling her to come out so I lined myself up for the inevitable. The pearls are this little one’s birthstone, too. So happy my friend told me about you guys! I really loved how they came out.

KellyAnneStyle Photogaphy July 21, 2011

one more ♥ in my best Alanis Morissette singing voice: “it’s like raaaaain on your lemonade stand day” ♥

this photo is being used for 2012 Lemonade Day campaign…and I am thrilled <3 Lauren my daughter is the perfect combo of sweet and sour all wrapped up in a Vintage Lucy's tank!

shonda judy July 20, 2011
daniela Gabay July 20, 2011

My picture this week is from my latest shoot. The little girl was a delight to work with, she had so many smiles to give so most of the pictures were just gorgeous.
Ever since i started photography i’ve worked with my best friend, she and i make a great team and take great pics from different angles. We love to shop together and create new sets for each baby with lots of colorful props.

I used this picture because i love how colorful it is and EVERYTHING she’s wearing was bought by us as props, not to mention the love sign she’s holding, the colorful balls behind her and the cute butterfly wings we were supposed to hang.

I’ve been a fan of your facebook group for a long time now, however, this is my first time entering into a competition. Im so glad i did! Its so much fun, i cant wait to enter the next one!.

Daniela

Andrea July 19, 2011

I used my lighted mirror, some flowers my neighbor gave me, and a necklace that I absolutely love! I got crafty and stuck the necklace in my hair. It kind of gave a 20’s/bridal look I thought. I really loved how they came out. So happy my friend told me about you guys! This was my first challenge and I look forward to doing more! =D

-Andrea

Maggie July 19, 2011

I had picked up this neat umbrella at a thrift store awhile back and knew I wanted to use it for a session. I decided it would be perfect my little girl’s 5-year-old session. She had a great time! I had taken some other photos of her in the rain with a real rain umbrella. She kept saying this was her sunbrella! Such a sweetheart!

Erika July 19, 2011

I took this newborn shot on a snowy day in Seattle, but the sun was coming through beautifully that you can’t tell how cold it is out. He was only about 2 weeks old and was just starting to sleep better. We always loved watching him no matter what he did, but I’m so glad I have this shot of him napping in the sun. :)

FRESH July 19, 2011

“Egg Basket” is an image from last nights’ impromptu photo session in a field of daisies. When the light was right, kids were willing and mama was inspired! Thanks for letting me share.

Kathryn Grace Photography July 19, 2011

I used a vintage theme with my grandfather’s old camera! Fun theme!

Wendy July 19, 2011

My youngest daughter, Heidi recently celebrated her Sweet 16th birthday so I took her out in the desert a sunset and she brought along her best friend…her guitar! I love that girl!

Shelley Shearer July 19, 2011

Playing by the rocky shore with a giant tentacle prop. We had a whole B movie theme weekend of photos.

Slacker Acker July 19, 2011
Rachel Burnett July 19, 2011

I bought this gorgeous mini chaise lounge a while ago. This was the first time I had used it. I don’t necessarily like forced posing with little ones, I prefer to just let them be and get down on their level and capture them being themselves.
So when little Jorjia (9mths) decided to crawl behind the lounge I knew we would have a game on our hands. Her Mum started calling her to come out so I lined myself up for the inevitable. I was very pleased with the outcome. She has such a cheeky smile and her little eyes are lit up in sheer anticipation.

Beth@Oddgirlout July 19, 2011

I usually don’t use a whole lot of props {with the exception of newborns}. Ironically, one of my favorite photos I’ve taken incorporates a wagon! Glad I got to participate this week!

Erika Haight July 19, 2011

New to the group and so Excited! I made a special trip out to the Quilted Bear for special props just for this theme!!! I came up with a garden bucket… Lots of cushion under the newbie’s bum to get the shot…. Thanks for the inspiration!

christina @ rsvp ink/cmh photography July 19, 2011

My photo this week is of my daughter…it was a photo I shot of her last summer for her 4th birthday. She picked out the outfit and the tutu was a great choice…really brought out her personality!

Jodi July 19, 2011

“Legacy” is the name I gave this picture because baby “W” was named after her late great grandmother and this chair belonged to her great grandma!! It was very special to the mommy to have a picture made of her new daughter in this special chair on her parents lake property!!!

shonda judy July 19, 2011

all new momma’s want their babies in this egg….we have to get them “fresh” or they won’t fit! notice the black feathers stuck in around the nest? the cat had just killed a bird, so we didn’t let the feathers go to waste~! props are everywhere 😉

Stephanie July 19, 2011

She had never tasted candy – of any kind. So mom went all out – a smash cake and this huge lollipop! The pearls are this little one’s birthstone, too.

As you can see from the look and the smears of sticky sweetness, it was received well by this adorable kiddo…

Keri July 19, 2011

Inspired by a Brandi Carlile song, I had intentions of using a guitar and an awesome old trunk as props for the photo. Unfortunately, the trunk is in my basement and waaaaay to heavy to move upstairs for a photo. So, we stuck with the guitar and will have to save the trunk for next time!