It’s delightful to welcome Chenin Boutwell from Boutwell Studio and Totally Rad! as our Guest Photographer Judge! Her whimsical wedding photography is such an inspiration to us and we are excited to show off her work here on I Heart Faces this week.
When we asked her to describe herself, she wrote: I am a wife, mom, photographer, blogger and all around busy girl!
We think it sounds like she would fit right in around here! :)
Chenin’s Photography Journey
About 9 years ago, while attending law school, I started photographing weddings alongside my husband, Doug. After graduating, I realized that my heart was in photography and that being a lawyer just didn’t make me happy any more. When shooting, I am calm, cool and collected, preferring to let the client be the center of attention. My photos are often called romantic, pretty, classic and whimsical.
Fun Q&A with Chenin
- Do you have beautiful photos you’ve taken displayed all across your home? Ha! My house is COVERED in photos. We have 20′ ceilings in part of our house and they are plastered with my husband’s and my personal work and, of course, photos of our kids.
- Where do you find inspiration to keep your photography creative and unique? I find inspiration in my subjects. I always strive to make a beautiful photo that really tells the viewer something ABOUT the subject. I really dislike photos that tell you more about the photographer than about the person in front of the lens.
- Whose work inspires you? Loretta Lux and Sally Mann are two of my favorites. Totally opposite bodies of work, but both tell amazing stories with their cameras.
- Do you have your camera with you wherever you go? Sadly, my hands are a little full carrying two babies under two, so… no.
- A favorite quote to share? “Whatever package you come in, put a bow on it.” It’s what I live by.
- How about a “most stressful” photography moment? Uh, pumping at weddings is pretty darn stressful. Besides that, I once had a bride show up two hours late and I had to cram 2 hours of photography in to 20 minutes. Amazingly, I’m really proud of the work I did that day.
Chenin’s Helpful Hint
Chenin’s Photography Equipment
You can see a list of my equipment here: Chenin Boutwell’s Photography Equipment
And, of course, I use Totally Rad! on every photo that leaves my studio
Find Chenin Here:
Thank you so much for visiting with us here at I Heart Faces this week Chenin!
You Might Also Like:
- Wedding Photos We Love
- Create a Tinted B&W Effect Using Gradient Map
- Quick Tip: Put Your Garage Door to Good Use!