It is so lovely to welcome innovative wedding photographer, Jessica Claire, as this week’s Guest Photographer Judge. You might also recognize her from the amazingly popular Shootsac by Jessica Claire camera bags that so many love to use (including us!) She wrote: I’m just a North Carolina girl living out her dreams in Sunny So. Cal! I’ve been a photographer for over ten years primarily focusing on weddings both locally and internationally. I wake up every morning excited to do what I love! Her work has been an inspiration to both of us and it’s a thrill to have her visiting at I Heart Faces this week!
Jessica Claire’s Photography Journey
I started as the office manager for a large studio in North Carolina. I worked there for four years eventually becoming an associate photographer for that studio. When I graduated from college I started my own business and then shortly after moved out to California. Although I miss NC, I love living here and have no plans to move anytime soon!
Fun Q&A with Jessica Claire
- What was your #1 favorite photography moment from this past year? Definitely having the opportunity to shoot in Moscow! That was a once in a lifetime job! (View The Day Before Portraits and The Wedding)
- Do you have beautiful photos you’ve taken displayed all across your home? You know, I don’t have a SINGLE photo displayed in my home, mine or otherwise. Nothing. In my defense, we just bought a home and I haven’t been here long, but thanks for the reminder 🙂
- Where do you find inspiration to keep your photography creative and unique? I find it in my clients. Because each of them is so unique and different, I do my best to capture who THEY really are and try to leave myself out of it at least for part of the time we’re shooting!
- Is there a particular photographer whose work inspires you? There are WAY too many to count. I actually get most of my inspiration from designers and decorators these days though, in particular Jonathan Adler and Kelly Wearstler.
- Do you have your camera with you wherever you go? No, I leave it at home whenever possible–my husband always tells me that I need to be better about that 🙂
- How about a “most embarrassing” moment?! There has been at least one time I can remember that my pants split up the back while shooting! Luckily I had a sweater with me and was able to cover any true embarrassment that might have come of it 🙂
I post tips regularly on my blog: Jessica Claire’s Helpful Hints
Read more about the equipment I use most often: Jessica Claire’s Photography Equipment
Find Jessica Claire Here:
Thank you so much for visiting with us here at I Heart Faces this week! We cannot wait to see which photos you choose as your favorites from all of the beautiful Sun Flare Entries in this week’s photo challenge!
Please take a moment to welcome Jessica Claire in the comments section below…