One of our very favorite photographers is returning as a Guest Judge to help us celebrate our second birthday! Jasmine Star (woo-hoo!!!) is fun, vivacious and her smile lights up a room. Who else would be a better judge than Jasmine for our “Smile” photo challenge theme?!
So…sit back, relax and reflect on the thoughts Jasmine shares with us and definitely enjoy browsing through the stunning images she has shared as well. It really is an amazing treat to have her here with us this week!
Jasmine writes: I’m Jasmine Star and I’m an international wedding photographer based in Orange County, California. Though I’ve garnered awards for my work and was voted Top 10 Wedding Photographer by American Photo Magazine, my crowning accomplishment was making meatloaf for the first time last year. I, however, still need to work on making the meatloaf edible.
Jasmine’s Photography Journey
Beginning just four years ago after quitting law school, I developed a voice and online brand by leveraging social media and developing techniques to empower clients to become the voice of my brand. I live with my husband and fabulous dog, and at times struggle to determine who is my favorite. I love to eat chocolate, run on the beach, and spend too much time writing on my blog. I hope to take the wedding industry by storm. Or learn how to make meatloaf. Whichever comes first.
Fun Q&A with Jasmine
- What was your #1 favorite photography moment from this past year? Photographing my twin sister on her wedding day…I served both as a the Maid of Honor and wedding photographer, and I couldn’t have been more proud.
- Do you have beautiful photos you’ve taken displayed all across your home? I desperately want to lie and say, yes. YES, BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS ARE EVVVVVVVERYWHERE! But, I’m gonna keep it real and say I’ve actually bought and hung empty frames….that are waiting to be filled!
- Where do you find inspiration to keep your photography creative and unique? Reading, museums, movies. Church, volunteering, teaching. Giving, receiving, feeling. More than anything, I’m inspired when I feel. There are moments when I’m completely drained or tapped out…then something happens (I read a book, I watch a movie, I visit a museum) that makes me feel something in a new way. When this happens, I am inspired and challenged to view the world in a new way.
- Do you have your camera with you wherever you go? If you count my camera phone, then YES!
- Do you have a favorite quote you can share? “She believed she could, so she did” – Anonymous
I regularly answer reader questions on my blog via FAQ posts, so feel free to check out these posts:
- Jasmine Star’s Helpful Hints
- More info on Focus, Lighting, Lenses, Photoshop, etc.
- Jasmine Star’s Photography Equipment
Find Jasmine Here:
- Facebook Fan Page
(One of our favorite stops when we are reading blogs…chock full of information for photographers!)
Thank you so much for sharing your time with us this week as part of our birthday celebration Jasmine! We heart you a bunch and are thrilled to welcome you back to I Heart Faces!
We are still accepting entries for our “Smile” photo contest until 9:00 pm (CST) tonight.
- Did you all know that Jasmine was a Guest Judge for us one other time? How lucky are we?! To learn more about her you can read her first interview with I Heart Faces as well.