Week 33 • Got To Wear Shades Photo Challenge!

August 16, 2010

in Photo Challenge, Photo Challenge 2010

Post image for Week 33 • Got To Wear Shades Photo Challenge!

Welcome to this week’s photo challenge where all skill levels of photographers are able to join in the fun!

Enter your photo on Mon. or Tues. (challenge closes Tuesdays at 9:00 pm CST) You are allowed to have ONE photo in your entry. Please make sure that you add our button to your blog post so that you’ll be eligible to win!

• Read more details about this week’s theme here.
  • If you are newer to our site, please read our FAQ’s.
  • If your entry has been deleted, it is because you entered your link incorrectly. Please reenter it correctly using a permalink to your post.

Photo Credit: Cecily R.  (Would you like to see one of your photos featured on our site?  Be sure to tag ’em like crazy when you upload them to our Community.  That’s the easiest way for us to find photos that fit in well with our upcoming themes!)

**This challenge is now CLOSED to new entries.**

“Got To Wear Shades” Photo Entries:
If you enter our photo challenge this week, be sure to leave comments for at least five entries around yours. Our participants love this! :) Please also read the copyright and guideline info in our sidebar before entering.

This linky list is now closed.

How did you incorporate sunglasses into your entry? Tell us about it in the comments section below!

Don’t miss a thing!

Get the latest news and photo challenge reminders delivered to you…

Enter your email address:

Christian Louboutin March 14, 2013

What’s up, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s truly
excellent, keep up writing.

Wholesale Oakley Sunglasses March 12, 2013

Appreciating the hard work you put into your website and in depth information you
offer. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same
unwanted rehashed information. Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to
my Google account.

nfljerseys September 10, 2011

Woohoo! Ecstatic My spouse and i patiently waited to gain most of these jeans’ at this moment a complimentary L to settle for doing it!!! :)

nfljerseys September 8, 2011

I discovered versus each other. I really reduced your Left behind Sidebar policy form the sidebar data file and additionally copied and pasted the application in to the listing document prior to when the content/narrowcolumn policy

Marilyn28Gallegos June 15, 2011

I think that to get the personal loans from banks you ought to have a good motivation. However, once I’ve received a college loan, because I was willing to buy a building.

Greta S. August 19, 2010

I tried 2 different ways to enter but I guess it wasn’t the right way :(
I don’t have a blog, and I tried to enter thru the community website AND Flikr.
Cannot figure out what I am doing wrong here!!!!

Ginger August 18, 2010

This was fun!

Amanda August 18, 2010

I am so sad I missed this weeks!! I had a perfect one and was rushing home to enter before nine and was about to walk in the door at 8 leaving me an hour to post when… I realized I was locked out of my house!! My key fell off my keychain today and so I had to go 30 minutes away to get the key from my boyfriend at work!! :( times, no post this week. lol

Becky Sue August 17, 2010

We kayaked over to this dining establishment. It was an amazing day… crystal clear skies, deep blue ocean, warm temperatures with a cool breeze. We put the kayaks in close to where we were staying and went around the bend and pulled the kayaks ashore. We placed our order for some amazing seafood… shrimp and crab salad for me, fish and chips for him. A cold beer. Can’t imagine anything finer. I was taking pictures of the scenery when I turned to him and saw everything right there that I needed to see.

Meegan August 17, 2010

I found a photo of my oldest that I thought was really cute with his shades on. Such a fun challenge!

Ann August 17, 2010

We were at a car show this weekend. My hubby’s chevy has not been drivable for about 6 years now and he was bound and determined to drive it to this car show. Now, my hubby isn’t a mechanic and really doesn’t know what he is doing. He got it running and then on Friday night about 9:30, he found a broken rod! He took the whole engine apart and was at the auto parts store by 7:30 waiting for it to open on Sat morning. He was able to get the parts, put the engine back together and get it running!! We made it to the car show and back home, only for it to not start again the rest of the weekend! We were sitting by the car when I looked at him and saw the refections, so I went with it. I even got a picture of the car and our first born in the reflection which is sentimental because those two are his “babies”.

Siobhan August 17, 2010

What a beautiful shot…love the peacefullness of a sleeping child…they always look so precious…and that sunglasses love them…PINK!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings August 17, 2010

I love Cecily!

Angie August 17, 2010

@Louise: We’ll need to know your entry # and name (you can find the # by hovering over your entry photo) and then we can delete it for you.

-Angie
co-founder of IHF

Louise August 16, 2010

I deleted my first picture because I uploaded the wrong version of the photo- can I delete my first entry to upload the right thing??

Amy Dawson August 16, 2010

I think sunglasses are one of those FUN parts of summer… thou I wear mine year round it seems, even when cloudy…I think its its my way of wishing summer was 24-7 here in the wonderful state of Washington! Thou a good rain soakin’ always feels nice…

pam August 16, 2010

My boys love to wear my “gyasses” so it didn’t take much prodding to get one of the boys to put them on. :)

Chris McCord August 16, 2010

My son Jack and I were shopping in Target, as we often do, and I was trying on aviator glasses, and threw a pair on him, he was so stinking cute, I had to snap a picture with my iPhone. Turned out very darned good, with some tilt shift processing, even better.

Mississippi Hospitality August 16, 2010

Sunglasses and the South just naturally go toether. I have several really good shots to use because we never go out without sunglasses. I am sorry that I goofed up on the uploading to the contest. I did it from my computer becasue I really don’t have a blog and I couldn’t get Flickr to cooperate. Now when I click on my tumbnail, it just gives me the home page for the group again… so next time I will try again… another route.
Nice to be here and see all the photos! I’m a serious amateur and want to learn more!

Julie August 16, 2010

My photo was one of those lucky shots. I was standing on the side of the pool and when she turned for a second I captured it … It has been one of my favorites ever since ! I find that the ones caught on the spur of the moment usually are the best.

rani August 16, 2010

I really didn’t have to do much, considering the DIVA striked a pose and I took the shot! :) But I did enhance the color a bit to make it pop, since it was inside and raining outside!!!

Elaine Carter August 16, 2010

Yea, finally able to get back in. So glad I already had a shot in mind this week. I’ve missed being able to participate. Hopefully I’m back full time. =)

Marcel August 16, 2010

My daughter was horrifed when my mom and I picked out a pair of fabulously huge sunglasses. “You look like an alien.” my daughter told me, but I knew they would make a great picture someday. Sure enough during a holiday parade my couzin’s duaghter ripped them off my face and told they crowd, “Look at me!”

Helen August 16, 2010

My boys LOVE to wear their shades, so my hardest task was finding the picture to enter! I had to resort to showing my favorite 2 shots to various people and asking which they thought I should enter. LOVE this theme!

Synethia R August 16, 2010

How do I get a button link on my blog? I have the button link, I just don’t see where to insert it in my blog, I have word press. I just got it two weeks ago. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Martha August 16, 2010

Love the picture! I don’t enter often, but as soon as I saw the theme this week I knew I had a picture, one I had just taken on Saturday!

Lolli August 16, 2010

I recognized Cecily’s little girl instantly! How fun.
I was excited to use a photo that I took on the DC IHF photowalk! It was perfect. :)

Amy August 16, 2010

I absolutely love the photo by Cecily. She’s got such a fun style and I always enjoy her PSF.

Tracey August 16, 2010

My kid and I were outside on the front porch and a friend called. My friend asked to talk to her, and kiddo just sat down on the porch and started chatting away. She had her sunglasses on and was talking on my cell like she was a teenager. I happened to have my camera with me for other reasons and so was able to grab some pics.

Lizzi S. August 16, 2010

Right after I read about what this week’s challenge was my 3-year-old son happened to find my sunglasses on the kitchen island. He was being silly, dancing and making funny faces all the while wearing them and I thought this is it, he’s a wild child with shades!

Amy August 16, 2010

What a fun entry! My kiddos were playing around about a week ago and got into a “Charlie’s Angels” type pose wearing science goggles and 3d glasses. I gave it a night vision feel and that’s what I submitted to the contest! No real sunglasses were used or harmed in the making of this pic, but the 3d glasses just could have been just as well. Hope it still counts!