When a boy is wearing tie-dye, you gotta go bold with those colors! :)
1. My first step was to pull the photo into the RAW editor and make slight adjustments.
2. I ran Noiseware with the following settings:
3. I used the healing brush/clone tool on the blown spot on the shirt. I may have ended up cropping it out in the end anyway.
4. Next, I used a new favorite action called Florabella’s Sweet Color Pop. I kept it at full opacity. I then added a layer’s mask and brought back some of the original color of the hair.
5. I noticed that the Florabella action made the hair have a hint of purple, so I used a hue adjustment layer to change the color of the hair back to brown.
6. I made the following Level’s adjustments:
7. Next, I used Coffeeshop’s S-Curve action at 88% opacity.
8. One last action…Pioneer Woman’s Lovely & Ethereal was used at 22% opacity.
9. I burned the eyelashes slightly since they are clearly the focal point of the photo. (Man, what I would give to have those eyelashes!)
10. Finally, I sharpened the photo using Unsharp Mask twice. First…5-250-0. Second…50-1.4-0
11. Somewhere along the way in my edit, I managed to blow out the sleeve of the shirt. It’s a great reminder to pay attention! If I had caught it early, I could have used layer’s masks to bring the original color back in. Since I didn’t, we’ll just pretend I was going for the sunny blown-out look. :)